A pile of burning towels turned out to be the source of a Wednesday afternoon fire on Lake Avenue Extension.
Firefighters were called to 35 Lake Avenue Ext. shortly before 2:20 p.m., after a call came in about a fire near propane tanks on the property.
Upon arrival, firefighters reported smoke coming from the rear of the building, which houses Stanziato’s Wood Fired Pizza and El Coyote Bar & Restaurant.
They quickly learned that the smoke was coming from a pile of towels that had caught fire.
The burning pile was extinguished by the time firefighters arrived but was still smoldering at 2:21 p.m., according to dispatch reports. Firefighters appeared to be airing out the entire building around 2:35 p.m.