Pile of burning towels draws Danbury firefighters

  • Source: Connecticut Post
  • Published: 02/12/2020 02:17 PM

A pile of burning towels turned out to be the source of a Wednesday afternoon fire on Lake Avenue Extension. Firefighters were called to 35 Lake Avenue Ext. shortly before 2:20 p.m., after a call came in about a fire near propane tanks on the property. Upon arrival, firefighters reported smoke coming from the rear of the building, which houses Stanziato’s Wood Fired Pizza and El Coyote Bar & Restaurant. They quickly learned that the smoke was coming from a pile of towels that had caught fire. The burning pile was extinguished by the time firefighters arrived but was still smoldering at 2:21 p.m., according to dispatch reports. Firefighters appeared to be airing out the entire building around 2:35 p.m.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe