Monroe Firefighters Tackle Chimney Blaze

  • Source: Monroe Patch
  • Published: 07/05/2022 07:51 AM

Firefighters battled a rare Fourth of July chimney fire on Monday. The fire was called in by passing drivers along lower Fan Hill Road. First responders found flames and smoke coming from the chimney, following the resident's attempt to clean the flue. "There was no fire extension into the home but the chimney fire was stubborn to extinguish due to a heavy creosote build up," fire officials said. Monroe police shut the road down in both directions while firefighters from Stepney Fire Department and Stevenson Volunteer Company worked to extinguish the blaze. No one was injured.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe