A firefighter is in the hospital after being injured while trying to extinguish a Tequesta country club home fire Tuesday. Firefighters were dispatched from Tequesta, Palm Beach County and Martin County to fight the fire. What was originally a response for a carbon monoxide alarm was upgraded to a full structure fire at the scene.
The firefighters were able to contain the fire and stop it from expanding beyond the attic.
One firefighter was injured and was transported to the hospital, according to Tequesta Fire Rescue. The condition of the firefighter is unclear at this time.