Christmas tree left up causes early morning house fire in Savannah

  • Source: WJCL Savannah
  • Published: 01/10/2019 03:47 AM

Savannah Fire responded to a house fire early Thursday on the 1000 block of East Henry Street. They say the cause was a Christmas tree that was still up. Firefighters responded to the home shortly after 4 a.m. and discovered a fire in the living room. The blaze was concentrated in and around a live Christmas tree. Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze and contained the fire to the living room area. No one was home at the time of the fire and no one was injured. Power to the structure was cut and the resident was displaced. Savannah Fire Rescue encourages everyone to discard live Christmas trees and take down indoor and outdoor holiday lights to prevent fire.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe