A HazMat situation forced more than 400 people into the streets in Cobb County Tuesday morning.
Officials had to test whether the air inside the building was safe to breathe.
Channel 2's Audrey Washington was at the CryoLife building on Roberts Boulevard as dozens of firefighters gathered. Fire officials said the first emergency call came in just after 9 a.m. A small fire broke out in a room that had chemicals inside, including sodium hydroxide and sulfuric acid.
All three employees inside that room got out, but one was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment smoke inhalation.
"All the additional resources you see here is because of the chemicals, or the surrounding areas," Fire Cpl. Joseph Bryant said.
The fire captain said air samples were taken and so far, it appears everything is OK.