Firefighters are urging the public to use caution when using propane or charcoal grills after extinguishing a fire they believe was caused by one on Sunday.
Gwinnett Fire crews arrived at the fire in Peachtree Corners at around 6 p.m. to reports of a fire. They arrived at Corners at 1700 Apartments to find the 800 building on fire with smoke and flames already visible from the outside - particularly from the second-floor balcony of one apartment. Crews immediately went on a defensive attack of the flames to knock them back as other crews went around the building to ensure everyone was out.
Still more began primary and secondary searches of the apartments caught up in the blaze. Fortunately, no one was found inside and the fire was contained to the second floor and attic on the right side of the 16-unit building.