Authorities respond to White County residential fire

  • Source: White County News
  • Published: 09/23/2020 01:03 PM

Emergency personnel responded to a report of a residential fire on Tuesday, Sept. 22. A call came in around 7 p.m. about a kitchen fire at a residence on Ga. 255 North that the fire was started from grease while somebody was cooking, according to White County Public Safety Director David Murphy. Firefighters with White County Fire Services responded to the scene, receiving mutual aid from the Helen Fire Department, Cleveland Fire Department and the Lee Arrendale Fire Brigade. “Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire that had spread into the ceiling and another room,” Murphy said. “Other parts of the home received smoke and water damage.” There were no injuries reported. Firefighters stayed at the scene until around 9:30 p.m., Murphy said.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe