3 injured after gas fumes, cigarettes ignite car fire in Gwinnett County

  • Source: WSB-TV ABC 2 Atlanta
  • Published: 11/29/2021 12:00 AM

Firefighters said a car caught fire outside an extended stay motel in Gwinnett County Saturday, injuring three people. Gwinnett Fire said the fire broke out around 2:20 p.m. at the HomeTowne Studios on Jimmy Carter Boulevard. When crews got to the scene, they found two injured people on the ground. Witnesses said good Samaritans grabbed fire extinguishers from walkways, put the fire out and pulled the victims out of the car. The two people who had been in the car were rushed to the hospital. Their identities and conditions have not been released. Another person who assisted in the rescue was also taken to the hospital. A fire investigator determined that the victims were smoking and fumes from a gas can mingled with the cigarettes to cause a fire.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe