Albany Fire Department talks space heater dangers, smoke detector importance

  • Source: WALB-TV NBC 10 Albany
  • Published: 01/12/2022 12:00 AM

The Camilla Fire Department said a faulty space heater caused a quote "fast-moving" house fire on Monday. With temperatures dropping, people have been trying to find a way to stay warm. And for a lot of south Georgians that means space heaters. These devices have proven to cause a lot of house fires. As you may have seen out of New York, fires can be deadly. Or like in Camilla, causing devastating damages. Albany Fire Department Deputy Chief Sebon Burns said there are a number of dangers with space heaters. "I'll say this about a space heater too, don't leave a space heater unattended because that is where your fire is going to come from," said Burns. "A lot of times they get tipped over, meaning that the cord becomes a trip hazard, so I would always caution that."


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe