Fire that erupted from a Makiki apartment ruled an accident, Honolulu Fire Department says

  • Source: KHNL/KGMB-TV Hawaii News Now
  • Published: 07/08/2019 10:53 AM

A fire that erupted from a Makiki apartment Sunday afternoon was accidentally caused by an arc in a power cord to a dryer, the Honolulu Fire Department says. More than 20 firefighters responded to the blaze around 2:40 p.m. at a three-story, walk-up apartment building on Matlock Avenue. Prior to firefighters’ arrival, neighbors used garden hoses to spray water on the flames. The fire, which was contained to the balcony of the unit, was extinguished just before 3 p.m. No one was home at the time. The fire caused an estimated $6,000 in damage.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe