A pole was knocked down after a garbage truck hit it.
It happened just after 12 noon on Monday, Sept. 13 in the Barber’s Point area. The Honolulu Fire Department was called to a building fire on Malakole Street and Kaiholo Street in Kapolei.
Utility lines were brought down that sparked the fire to a property in the area that does boat repairs.
The fire was out about a half an hour later. HECO said the pole needs to be replaced, and 60 customers had their power knocked out.
A Hawaiian Telcom representative confirmed that their lines were impacted but did not say if any customers were impacted.