Clarinda school officials have released more information on a fire inside the high school building Thursday morning.
Superintendent Deron Stender tells KMA News spilled wax sparked a small fire inside the building's art room at approximately 9:10 a.m. Stender says no students were in the classroom at the time. Clarinda's Fire Department responded after fire arms went off inside the building. But, staff had already extinguished the fire upon firefighters' arrival. Firefighters remained at the scene until everything was cleaned.