Storm Lake Firefighters Respond to Smoke Filled Building

  • Source: KICD-AM 1240
  • Published: 08/12/2019 11:03 AM

Storm Lake firefighters responded to a call of a smoke filled residence over the weekend. The Storm Lake Fire Department was called to the home in the 400 block of West 8th Street shortly before 12:30 Sunday morning where the smoke was found to be a result of a small fire burning behind a microwave in the kitchen. The flames had been extinguished by the Storm Lake Police Department before firefighters arrived, but crews remained on scene for about a half hour ventilating the structure and verifying the fire had not spread into the walls. A camera charger that had been plugged in behind the microwave is believed to have been the cause of the fire that cause an estimated $2,500 in damage.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe