Neighbor rescues woman from fire that destroyed her Story County home

  • Source: KCRG-TV ABC 9 Cedar Rapids
  • Published: 02/10/2019 08:36 AM

VIDEO: Central Iowa fire crews spent several hours Saturday in the cold weather battling a fire that destroyed a woman’s home, authorities said. Fire rescue personnel from Colo and Nevada were sent around 10 a.m. to a home in the 67000 block of 250th St. in Colo on reports of a fire. Officials said firefighters were there for four hours, putting out hot spots and investigating. The home is considered a total loss. Investigators said they believe an electrical issue started the fire. No one was injured in the fire. A neighbor said he was smoking a cigarette outside when he heard an older woman scream for help. He said he ran inside to rescue the victim and her two dogs.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe