Fire Destroys Mobile Home In Sanborn

  • Source: Explore Okoboji
  • Published: 02/11/2019 10:18 AM

A weekend fire destroyed a mobile home in Sanborn. Firefighters were called to 312 East 7th Street a little before 10:00 am Saturday and encountered thick smoke coming from the structure. No injuries were reported, but authorities say a cat was missing. It's believed the fire was caused by a portable heater that had been placed under the mobile home to thaw some frozen pipes. The Sheldon Fire Department also responded to assist on the scene, along with O'Brien County Emergency Management. An ambulance also stood by on the scene as a precaution.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe