Lewis and Atlantic firefighters responded to a report of a residential fire at 60766 555th Lane Lansing Road southwest of Atlantic late Monday evening.
Lewis Fire Chief Terry Erickson tells KSOM/KS95 News the call went out at around 6:24 p.m. of smoke coming from the roof of the home. He says upon arrival; they found smoke in the kitchen. The smoke was coming from what appeared to be an electrical short in the panel box.
The residents were home at the time the fire broke out. “We were cooking dinner and smelled something burning,” said Justin Butcher, one of the three occupants in the home. “We looked behind the front door, and the fuse box was smoking. I opened it up, and flames shot out and I called 9-1-1.”
Chief Erickson says the fire caused damage to the panel box and the wall.
There were no injuries.