Four escape from fire in Bettendorf mobile home park

  • Source: WQAD-TV 8 (Davenport/Rock Island/Moline)
  • Published: 11/12/2019 04:53 AM

A family of six is now homeless after a fire broke out at their mobile home in Bettendorf overnight. Bettendorf Fire received a call around 1:45 a.m. on Tuesday, November 12 at the Devils Glen Mobile Park. The homeowner, Ariel Young, said it was only a matter of minutes before the flames engulfed her entire home. "I think I had maybe five or ten minutes – not even five or ten minutes – before it was (at my front door)," Young said. Young said she was awake with her five month old child when she suddenly smelled smoke. As a precaution, she said she unplugged a small space heater she typically used at night. "I've been using it for the last four weeks no problem," Young added. Moments later, she noticed smoke seeping up from her floorboards. That is when she said she punched a hole in the wall behind the outlet, removed installation, and saw flames shooting out.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe