A machine shed fire early Tuesday morning destroyed the equipment a farmer needs to finish his harvest.
The fire happened about a mile east of the Farm Progress Show in the 1900 block of 220th Street east of Boone.
Fire Chief Justin Adams with the Boone Fire Department says the call about the fire came in at 5:45 a.m. from the homeowner.
Adams says crews could see the flames and smoke from the machine shed from a distance before they arrived.
The frigid temperatures Tuesday morning presented firefighters with some challenges.
"Making sure everything's not freezing up on the pumps or the handlines, keeping the guys hydrated and warm at the same time. We had to bring in several departments to help us with water, obviously in a rural area to be able to help with keeping enough water on the fire,” said Adams.