Rural Otley Family Okay After House Catches Fire

  • Source: KNIA-AM 1320 & KRLS-FM 92.1
  • Published: 11/29/2019 10:44 AM

A local family was able to escape their home after a fire started in a rural Otley garage early Friday morning. According to the Pella Fire Department, several emergency crews responded at 3:23 a.m. to a call for smoke in a garage. A smoke detector had awoken the father inside the house on Terrace Drive, and after seeing the smoke-filled garage, he was able to get out with his two kids. By the time they were out, the garage was fully engulfed, according to fire crews, and spread quickly to the rest of the house along the roof and in the attic. Pella Rural Fire, Pella Ambulance, Knoxville Fire and Rescue, Knoxville Township Rural Fire, Monroe Fire, and the Marion County Sheriff’s Office all responded. The house and garage were a loss, but some items were salvageable. No injuries were reported.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe