Fire destroyed a camper and machine shed Sunday afternoon in rural Webster County, but the quick work of three departments prevented the fire from spreading to other buildings on the property, according to Vincent Fire Chief Heath Miller.
The Vincent Fire Department first received a call about a camper trailer and a machine shed on fire at 1642 Taylor Ave. shortly after 3 p.m. Sunday.
The fire quickly spread to a nearby flatbed trailer and the surrounding grass. Thick, black smoke could be seen from up to five miles away.
Miller initially called the Duncombe Fire Department to come in with water support, but soon he realized they would need more help.