Carroll Fire Department Called To Two Incidents

  • Source: KCIM-AM 1380
  • Published: 10/26/2020 09:46 AM

The Carroll Fire Department responded to two incidents over the past weekend. The first occurred at approximately 3:45 p.m. Saturday in apartment B-10 in the 500 block of E. 18th Street. Upon arrival, firefighters found that an upholstered chair had been started on fire by a juvenile resident. The fire was mostly out when the department arrived as other residents used a portable fire extinguisher on the blaze. The smoldering chair was removed and ventilation equipment cleared the smoke from the building. There was very minor smoke damage and no fire damage reported. The crew remained on scene for approximately 30 minutes. The second incident occurred in the 1800 block of N. Randall Road at approximately 5:21 p.m. Sunday. The resident had placed food in the oven and then forgotten about it.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe