House fire displaces 4 residents in Dubuque

  • Source: Dubuque Telegraph Herald - Metered Site
  • Published: 09/14/2020 11:34 AM

A house fire displaced four residents Monday in Dubuque. There were no injuries at the fire at 2286 Central Ave., according to Assistant Fire Chief Cal Motsch. Motsch said firefighters arrived at the scene at 8:42 a.m. “There was a two-story house with an addition on the back,” Motsch said. “The fire started in the kitchen in the addition. Someone was cooking on the stove and may have left the room. When they returned, they tried to put out the fire with the sprayer hose from the sink and a bucket of water.” Motsch said the fire spread to the rafters of the addition before it was extinguished by firefighters. “The addition sustained enough damage that the interior will need to be redone,” Motsch said.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe