Des Moines siblings survive carbon monoxide leak

  • Source: WOI-TV ABC 5 Des Moines
  • Published: 07/29/2021 09:21 PM

VIDEO: A Des Moines brother and sister are lucky to be alive thanks to the quick thinking of a firefighter, a dispatcher and an electric company who rescued them from a near-deadly carbon monoxide leak. The siblings Reda Stajcar and Kenny Ayers were beyond grateful their lives were saved by their heroes when carbon monoxide levels peaked at 220 parts per million. On Thursday, the brother and sister honored Des Moines firefighters, MidAmerican Energy and ADT Emergency Dispatcher Kathy Taylor for saving their lives. Taylor actually flew 1,000 miles from Florida to meet Stajcar and Ayers in person. The siblings honored the Des Moines Fire Department with $5,000. Stajcar described the scary moments before the rescue. "At first I just thought it was something, something wasn't right. Something tripped off my alarm," she said.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe