Sheldon Fire Company Responds to Assisted Living Center Report

  • Source: KICD-AM 1240 Sheldon
  • Published: 10/26/2021 04:43 AM

The Sheldon Fire Company responded to a report at the Fieldcrest Assisted Living Center Monday evening. Assistant Sheldon Fire Chief Brad Hindt says the fire was put out by employees when they arrived, but there was still smoke in the building. Upon arrival, firefighters used a pressure fan to help in removing the rest of the smoke. The apartment received minor damage. The fire was caused by a burner on the stove accidentally getting turned on. Firefighters were on the scene for an hour. No injuries were reported.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe