Electrical fire in downtown Lewiston displaces four

  • Source: KLEW-TV CBS 3
  • Published: 11/06/2018 12:00 AM

A fire displaces four people from a home in downtown Lewiston. All Lewiston Fire stations responded just after 8:30a.m. Monday morning in the 17-hundred block of Idaho Street. Smoke came billowing out of the attic area, which is under construction. The fire just happened to be just blocks away from the downtown Lewiston Fire station. “Luckily, we were able to get here pretty quick and get a quick knock down and actually fairly minimal damage,” Chief Travis Myklebust said. “Some water and smoke damage but like I said that top area was under construction anyway.” Chief Myklebust said the folks who lived there resided in the basement, but due to the power being shut off, they have to live elsewhere for now. The cause was an electrical short in the attic. There is no damage estimate yet.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe