Gas leak at Marathon Cheese in Mountain Home

  • Source: Mountain Home News
  • Published: 01/09/2019 01:43 AM

Mountain Home Fire Department responded Jan. 4 to a report of a gas leak at Marathon Cheese at approximately 4:30 a.m. Shortly after arrival MHFD evacuated personnel from the facility and began testing for gas and carbon monoxide. All levels detected by MHFD and Intermountain Gas were below what is considered to be toxic to humans, and Intermountain Gas Company representatives gave Marathon Cheese management clearance to resume work. A second call came in near midnight Friday to which MHFD again responded. At that time, MHFD discovered a regulator on the side of the building that was clogged but was not associated with the reported leak. Again, all gas and carbon monoxide levels detected were within safe ranges. A third call came in Saturday morning at approximately 8 a.m. Fire Chief Mark Moore was the first to respond. Intermountain Gas and the MHFD tested for gas and carbon monoxide a third time. All levels were within safe ranges.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe