The Twin Falls Fire Department responded to two house fires just hours apart, both caused by average house hold Items.
At around 9 a.m. crews responded to 500 block of Fifth Ave. N. for a reported structure fire.
Upon Arrival it was discovered that the one occupant who was home had put out the fire using buckets of water.
Capt. David Owens, with the Twin Falls Fire Department, tells KMVT that there was minimal damage but it does look like some wood floorboards and carpet will have to be replaced.
The cause of the fire was due to a clothing iron plugged in and left on the floor. Though the occupant was safe Owens does recommend people never stay behind and try to put out the fire themselves.
"For us we would like you get out of the house as soon as possible," Owens said. "It's very important. Fires these days grow rapidly, and if you guys are inside trying to put the fire out yourself, you can cause problems, the smoke will take you down before the fire will."