Fire damages detached garage of Pocatello home, leaves family temporarily homeless

  • Source: Idaho State Journal
  • Published: 01/10/2020 10:39 PM

A fire caused significant damage to the garage of a home near City Hall on Friday and left a local family temporarily homeless. The fire in the detached garage of the home on the 800 block of North 11th Avenue was reported by the family living in the home around 5 p.m. The Pocatello Fire Department remained on the scene extinguishing and then investigating the blaze until around 9 p.m. Friday. The fire did not result in any injuries but the contents of the garage were destroyed, firefighters said. The garage itself suffered significant damage but is probably salvageable, authorities said. The fire did not spread to the adjacent home but the family who resides in the residence was evacuated during the blaze.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe