After recent RV fire, Twin Falls Fire shares safety reminders

  • Source: KMVT-TV CBS/CW+ 11 Twin Falls
  • Published: 03/03/2021 01:14 PM

VIDEO: While recreation vehicle fires may not happen too often in the Magic Valley, the Twin Falls Fire Department explains people still need to take necessary precautions to prevent fires in them. On Feb. 18, an RV went up in flames at the Oasis gas station near St. Luke’s when a propane heater was knocked over inside the motor home. The family that was in the RV when the fire started and was able to all get out with one person receiving minor burns. The Twin Falls fire marshal wants to make sure everyone in motor homes stays safe by having a foam-based fire extinguisher and knowing how the vehicle’s safety windows work. He also said that no one should ever use a heater that is not designed specifically for RVs. RV and motor home fires can be particularly dangerous because the amount of time to react is so small.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe