On Thursday, January 20, 2022 just before 1:00 p.m., Kamiah Fire-Rescue was dispatched to Freedom Northwest Credit Union (303 Main Street) in Kamiah for a report of smoke inside the building.
Kamiah Fire-Rescue responded to the scene with Command 20, Engine 22 and Medic 21. First arriving crews found smoke in the structure along with a strong electrical smell.
According to KFR, the smoke was determined to be coming from one of the buildings HVAC units that was having issues. KFR crews were able to use a ladder and gain roof access to assess the problem.
All staff and members are safe and there were no injuries reported.