Three people displaced from Idaho Falls home after basement fire

  • Source: East Idaho News
  • Published: 02/08/2023 12:00 AM

Three people have been temporarily displaced from their home after an early morning basement fire Tuesday. The structure fire happened on the 200 block of 11th Street in Idaho Falls just after 4:30 a.m. According to a news release from the Idaho Falls Fire Department, a resident called 911 and said they woke up to the smell of smoke from the basement of their home. There were three adults— one man and two women— inside the home at the time of the fire. Everyone was able to safely get out of the house without any injuries. When firefighters got to the single-story home, there was heavy smoke, but no fire was seen, the release said. Additionally, no smoke detectors were going off when firefighters arrived. Crews were able to find and extinguish the fire by 4:50 a.m.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe