Peoria fire officials say no one has been injured, but an apartment home in Peoria has sustained thousands of dollars in damage in the wake of a fire late Thursday afternoon.
Firefighters say they got the initial call around 5:25 p.m., a structure fire at a single story duplex in the 1700 block of North Great Oak Road in Peoria.
Crews arrived to find thick black smoke rising from the front and rear of the structure. A single occupant of the home was outside when crews got to the scene.
According to a news release issued Thursday night, flames started on a stove-top inside the duplex and spread throughout the interior of the home, leaving smoke and heat damage throughout and causing roughly $70,000 in damage.
A fire investigator determined the blaze to be accidental.