Graves County home heavily damaged in morning fire

  • Source: WPSD-TV Local 6
  • Published: 10/04/2018 10:34 AM

A Graves County home was heavily damaged by a fire Thursday morning. Just before 8:00 a.m. firefighters were called to a house fire off of KY 849. There were people home at the time of the fire, and all were able to escape. Crews are not sure if there were working smoke detectors in the home, but say now is a good times to check yours. “We’re coming up on the time when we change time so it is a good time to check your batteries in your smoke detectors and make sure they are working. If you have a gas appliance I recommend a CO detector back where all the sleeping takes place,” said Firefighter Don Costello. The fire started in the basement and burnt through the floor. It was likely caused by an electrical problem.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe