Andover firefighters, Columbia Gas respond to 'serious' gas leak outside home

  • Source: WCVB-TV ABC 5
  • Published: 04/18/2019 03:30 PM

VIDEO: Crews have responded to an Andover neighborhood after a "serious" gas leak outside a home. Fire Chief Michael Mansfield said firefighters responded to a home on Bridle Path Road at the request of Columbia Gas shortly before 3 p.m. Grade 1 gas leak, which is the most serious, was declared. Columbia Gas crews conducting a survey of the neighborhood got extremely high gas readings outside one of the homes. “The gas meters on-scene showed natural gas concentrations of approximately 60 percent, which prompted officials to determine that an immediate hazard existed at that location, requiring immediate corrective action,” officials said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe