Teen mixing chemicals on stove causes scare at Concord home; 2 firefighters, resident hospitalized

  • Source: WBZ-TV CBS 4 Boston
  • Published: 07/09/2019 08:42 PM

VIDEO: A teenager mixing chemicals on a stove ended up causing quite a scare at a home in Concord. A person driving by noticed smoke pouring out of a home on Old Bedford Road around 7:45 p.m. Tuesday and called 911. Firefighters found something smoldering in a pot on the stove in the kitchen and quickly put out the fire. Then they realized it wasn’t food that was burning. A teenager told investigators he was mixing chemicals trying to make a putty-like substance that would create different colored smoke when it’s lit. No one was hurt, but the teen and two firefighters were taken to the hospital for evaluation as a precaution. A hazardous materials unit and the State Police bomb squad were called in.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe