Fire department responds to blaze at Ludlow home

  • Source: MassLive
  • Published: 05/13/2019 01:02 PM

Firefighters responded to a chimney fire that extended into the attic of a Gamache Drive home early Sunday night. The blaze at 107 Gamache Drive was reported about 5 p.m. Deputy Chief Jeffrey Lavoie said the fire was knocked down quickly before it could really spread. Damage was limited to a minor extension into the attic. He estimated the cost in repairs to be around $2,000. There were no injuries and everyone was able to get out of the house safely before firefighters arrived. The family should be allowed to return to the residence today after the chimney and electrical systems are inspected for damage. Lavoie said the fire department recommends that homeowners have chimneys cleaned and inspected every year.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe