Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant employee dies after being exposed to toxic cleaning chemicals in Burlington, 10 others treated

  • Source: The Republican - MassLive.com
  • Published: 11/07/2019 06:42 PM

An employee at Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant died Thursday night after inhaling toxic fumes from a strong cleaning agent while at work and at least 10 other people are being treated for exposure. The Fire Department responded to the restaurant on 15 South Ave. shortly after 5:30 p.m. for what is being called a “serious hazardous material incident," Interim Fire Chief Michael Patterson said. When firefighters arrived they found a male employee who was suffering from nausea after he breathed in fumes from the cleaning agent. He was in serious condition and was taken by Burlington Ambulance to Leahy Hospital where he later died, he said. A second victim has been taken to Lowell Hospital by Armstrong Ambulance and at least nine other people who were exposed to the fumes, have driven themselves into the hospital, Patterson said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe