Chilmark firefighters, joined by fire companies from Aquinnah and West Tisbury, quickly knocked down a garage fire on 118 South Road Thursday evening. Chilmark Fire Chief Jeremy Bradshaw said the call came in at 5 pm and when he arrived on scene, the fire had begun to eat through the exterior of the garage. The chief said he was able to significantly diminish the blaze with fire extinguishers before other firefighters tamped down the flames completely. In doing so, firefighters were able to preserve a farm tractor in the garage. Assistant Fire Chief Gary Robinson said initial observations suggest the fire may have started from an electric bicycle battery. Chilmark and Aquinnah Police also participated in the response.