Several business and apartment units were badly damaged in a fire that broke out overnight Thursday in a three-story building in Prince George’s County. The fire was reported in the 14700 block of Main Street in Upper Marlboro at around 1:30 a.m.
Several businesses, including at least one restaurant, make up the ground floor of the building with apartment units occupying the third floor. FOX 5's Annie Yu was at the scene and said many of those businesses and apartments sustained heavy fire damage. Fire officials tell her it is unlikely the businesses will reopen anytime soon. All occupants of the building escaped safely, authorities told Yu. The Red Cross is on the scene to assist at least three residents who have been displaced. One firefighter was treated at the location for heat exhaustion but did not require hospitalization.