Glen Burnie man accidentally sets home on fire by dumping hot coals, officials say

  • Source:
  • Published: 07/09/2018 01:00 PM

A 23-year-old man suffered minor injuries after he accidentally set his Glen Burnie home on fire early Sunday morning, fire officials said. At about 1:35 a.m. Sunday, Anne Arundel County firefighters responded to the 200 block of Benmere Road where they found the rear of the home engulfed in flames. The fire was brought under control in about 45 minutes with 48 firefighters. By the time firefighters arrived, a man living in the home had suffered minor injuries but safely evacuated. He was taken to the Baltimore Washington Medical Center. A firefighter in good condition but with a “medically related complaint,” was transported to the medical center as well, fire officials said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe