Officials: Accidental house fire in Queen Anne's County causes over $400K in damages

  • Source: WMDT-TV 47 Delmarva
  • Published: 07/09/2018 09:53 AM

Officials ruled a Queen Anne's County house fire accidental after they say it resulted in over $400,000 in damages. The Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal says just before 12:15 PM, a pizza delivery driver discovered a fire at a two-story home on Maryland Road. Officials say the United Communities Volunteer Fire Department responded to the house fire and put out the blaze in 45 minutes. Thirty-five firefighters were involved in fighting the flames. Fire officials report that a smoke alarm was present, but it failed to activate. According to the report, the preliminary cause of the accidental fire was determined to be improperly discarded smoking materials. The fire reportedly began outside of the home on the back deck.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe