Fairplay fire contained to garage; dog injured

  • Source: Hagerstown Herald-Mail
  • Published: 05/09/2018 03:47 PM

Someone driving to the scene of a Fairplay garage fire on Wednesday hit a dog, an emergency official said. The driver was not an emergency responder, Washington County Emergency Services Director R. David Hays said. He said the dog was taken in a local fire company pickup to a veterinarian. The condition of the dog was not available and Hays did not know whose dog it was. Hays said no one was injured in the garage fire. A male homeowner who was mowing the lawn at 7658 Fairplay Road parked the riding mower in the attached two-car garage and went into the home, Hays said. When the man emerged from the house, the mower was on fire. The flames spread to the ceiling and walls.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe