Fire damages Grasonville house

  • Source: Star-Democrat (Easton)
  • Published: 05/14/2018 07:48 AM

A riding mower is to blame for a fire that destroyed a shed and damaged a family’s house on Sawmill Lane Wednesday, May 9. The detached 10’ by 16’ wooden shed was fully involved and the fire had spread to the attached garage and into the second floor of the house when firefighters arrived, said Capt. Troy Tilghman of the Grasonville Volunteer Fire Department, who was the officer in charge. The fire was ruled accidental, the result of a riding lawn mower’s heated exhaust coming into contact with and igniting combustible materials inside the shed, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office. The shed and wood frame, two-story, split-level house are owned by Troy and Angela Taylor, the fire marshal’s report said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe