Fire results in about $3,000 in damage to Clear Spring-area home

  • Source: Hagerstown Herald-Mail
  • Published: 01/07/2019 04:46 PM

Fire caused about $3,000 in damage to a two-story house on Charles Mill Road Monday morning, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal's office. The preliminary cause of the 6:48 a.m. fire at 11240 Charles Mill Road has been ruled accidental due to improperly discarded smoking materials in a second-floor bedroom, according to a news release. Charles Mill Road turns off Big Pool Road south of Clear Spring. The blaze was discovered by an occupant. The owner/occupants of the house were listed as Pamela Dunn and Adrian Parran, according to the release. There was a smoke alarm in the house, but it did not activate. It took 25 firefighters five minutes to bring the blaze under control, according to the release. The fire resulted in about $1,000 in damage to the contents.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe