A birthday party on Saturday took an unexpected turn when the Ocean City Fire Department showed up.
According to the Ocean City Fire Department Facebook, Gladys, a resident of the community, was celebrating her 90th birthday at the Lions Club on Airport Road. But when she tried to blow out all 90 candles on her cake, the fire alarm was set off.
Responding to the fire alarm call, Ocean City firefighters arrived on scene, according to the post. After ensuring there were no hazards present, the crews took photos with Gladys, making her 90th birthday a memorable one.