South Lyon firefighters rescue elderly woman from burning kitchen

  • Source: HomeTown Life (Observer & Eccentric)
  • Published: 05/29/2020 05:04 AM

South Lyon firefighters rescued an elderly woman from an apartment fire Thursday afternoon. They were dispatched to a single-story apartment fire in the 400 block of Washington Street at about 1:34 p.m., they said in a report. Smoke was coming from the home and the deaf woman still inside. She had used her video phone to call an interpreter about the fire. The interpreter then called 911. Firefighters took the woman from the apartment and extinguished the fire. Flames were contained to the kitchen. Chief Robert Vogel said the fire seems to have started in the microwave. The woman was heating up wrapped-up food when the emergency happened. A Huron Valley Ambulance crew treated the woman on the scene. Although apartment damage was minor, she will stay with family for a few days. An investigation continues.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe