St. Ignace firefighter saves neighbor from house fire on Thanksgiving

  • Source: Detroit Free Press
  • Published: 11/27/2020 11:20 AM

A firefighter jumped into action Thursday evening when he heard a nearby home was engulfed in flames. The St. Ignace firefighter pulled his neighbor out of the Upper Peninsula residence before crews arrived at the scene. Multiple fire departments were en route to the 5500 block of Simmons Road when the firefighter saved the resident. St. Ignace Fire and Rescue were alerted of a house fire with someone inside at approximately 8 p.m. Thursday. Crews left the scene at around 11 p.m., according to northern Michigan TV station 9&10 News. The firefighter and the resident were transported to a hospital for treatment. The firefighter, who inhaled smoke during the rescue, was having breathing problems but was later released. The condition of the resident is unknown.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe