Ann Arbor firefighters respond to second lithium battery fire within two days

  • Source: WDIV-TV NBC 4 Detroit
  • Published: 07/08/2024 01:22 AM

Firefighters have responded to a second fire caused by lithium batteries in just two days. The Ann Arbor Fire Department responded to a call just after 6 p.m. about a house fire on the 700 block of South Seventh Street on Saturday, July 6. Investigators on the scene found the basement of the house filled with smoke. Lithium batteries were found to have started on fire due to thermal runway but burned through a waterline that, luckily, put out the fire. Officials said the home only sustained soot and smoke damage. No one was injured. Firefighters responded to a fire in the basement of the Pretzel Bell restaurant on Ann Arbor’s Main Street on Friday, July 5. That fire was caused by a lithium-ion battery for a leaf blower set on an electrical switch gearbox. The restaurant is closed until repairs can be made.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe