Brainerd firefighters got an early morning wake up call Thursday, Jan. 10, when smoke was reported on the 800 block of Willow Street in Brainerd.
The fire department was paged to the south Brainerd address at 3:58 a.m. Upon investigation, firefighters located a small fire in the attic of the home. Brainerd Fire Chief Tim Holmes said crews removed the ceiling in a laundry room to get to the flames and tore out insulation to ensure the fire had not expanded beyond its initial area.
Holmes said no one suffered injuries as a result of the fire, and the residents were able to stay in the home. He said the fire started due to electrical issues.
Firefighters were on scene until a little after 5 a.m.