Rochester: Ice Machine Fire Causes $10,000 in Damage

  • Source: KAAL-TV ABC 6 Austin
  • Published: 03/14/2019 03:15 AM

According to the Rochester Fire Department, a local hotel will pay upwards of $10,000 to repair a small communal vending room and the area around it. According to a release, the fire happened in a small room across from the pool area around 6 p.m. Wednesday night at the Guest House Inn and Suites located at 435 16th Ave. NW. Upon arrival, firefighters said an employee used a portable fire extinguisher to put out an ice machine that was on fire in the vending room. Firefighters secured the room and the hallway directly outside. The machine was destroyed and the room and area around it suffered heavy smoke damage. The release said hotel guests were evacuated from the affected area until the alarm system was reset and the smoke had been cleared. Firefighters said one hotel employee was evaluated for smoke inhalation by Gold Cross Ambulance Service and was released.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe